At genesis, the initial total supply of $CANTO is 1,000,000,000 (one billion) tokens. Of this, the initial circulating supply of $CANTO is 150,000,000 (one-hundred and fifty million) tokens.
The initial circulating supply of $CANTO tokens is allocated as follows:
- 130,000,000 $CANTO (13%) for initial contributors
- 20,000,000 $CANTO (2%) for Settlers of Canto who took part in the launch of the testnet
The remaining total supply of $CANTO is allocated as follows, pursuant to governance votes by the Canto DAO:
- 450,000,000 $CANTO (45%) for long-term liquidity mining to be distributed over the next 5-10 years
- 350,000,000 $CANTO (35%) for medium-term liquidity mining to be distributed over the upcoming months and years
- 50,000,000 $CANTO (5%) for future public goods grants
In order to maintain the security of the Canto network, the total max supply of $CANTO inflates over time at a rate that is constantly decreasing. All tokens from inflation are distributed to $CANTO stakers, proportionally to their stake in the network.
Early Canto contributors propose these emissions be structured in 30 day periods, with rewards distributed daily:
- For the first 30 day period, $CANTO will inflate at a 19.84% APR.
- For subsequent periods, governance will vote to adjust emissions as appropriate.
Over time, the inflation of $CANTO should tend to zero.